The company and its management accepts no responsibility for any deaths, injury or illness sustained or suffered by any person, or theft, loss or damage to any property, occurring within or arising from a visit to the resort howsoever caused and or arising from the use of any facility. In the event that the occurrence of such deaths, injury or illness sustained or suffered by any person, or theft, loss or damage to any property, can be attributed to any circumstances beyond the businesses reasonable control.
Senior management may strictly limit the number of day visitors and are not obliged to offer reasons for their decision. The right of admission is reserved.
- There are designated day visitor areas.
- Day visitors are not permitted to picnic in front of or in between the chalets and caravans. They may not use their fireplaces or encroach on their privacy in any way.
- The speed limit on all roads is 10km/h. Anyone exceeding this limit or who drives carelessly will be requested to leave his vehicle outside the resort.
- We have a no music policy at Berg River Resort.
- Parents are expected to exercise control over their children's behaviour and see that they do not damage the property, trees etc.
- When using the swimming facilities, only proper bathing costumes are permissible.
- Umbrellas and small gazebos are allowed in the day-visitors and pool area.
- Children under 8 years must be accompanied by an adult when using the bathrooms.
- The river is a great asset and provides much enjoyment, however, broken glass can result in serious injuries. It is strictly forbidden take any glass in or near the river.
- No dogs allowed in the resort.
- No motorcycles are permitted into the resort.
- Proof of payment must be available for inspection until the final departure from the resort.
- Staff members have specific duties to perform and cannot carry out their duties if hindered in any way. Visitors are requested not, under any circumstances to give alcohol to our staff.
- Anybody found violating any of the regulations or providing themselves a nuisance to fellow visitors will be asked to leave the resort and forfeit all fees.
- Kindly submit any complaints in writing to the Manager on duty.
- All staff are authorized to act on behalf of Berg River Resort management.
1. General Information
The guest agrees to abide by rules of the Resort and to ensure that their guests and persons under their control in no way be or become an annoyance or in any way interfere with the general comfort of other guests. By 11pm the resort should be quiet as a courtesy to all other guests.
2. Occupational Timetable
The hiring of a chalet or site commences at 2pm on date of arrival and terminates at 10am on the day of departure. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure about the departure time. No arrivals after office hours.
Day and overnight visitors to residing guests will only be permitted with permission of management and right of admission is reserved. A fee, regardless of age will be levied.
Overnight visitors will be charged the normal camping rates, even if they occupy the same site as the residing guests.
4. Occupational rights
Right of admission is reserved. Management reserves the right to refuse accommodation to any person who, in the opinion of Management is not suitable to take responsibility. In such cases, all hire charges paid shall be refunded in full and the contract shall be cancelled.
Management also reserves the right to ask any guest to leave the resort if such a guest persists in breaking the rules of the Resort or if it is a serious offence. In such cases no refunds will be made.
5. Permitted Number of persons
The maximum number of persons specified for stands and chalets is strictly enforced.
Management reserve the right to relocate a booking to another unit or stand if necessary. Management reserves the right to enter any accommodation under special circumstances or in emergencies.
Cancellations in writing will be accepted under the following conditions.
- For cancellations made more than 90 days prior to date of arrival, 20% of the required deposit will be forfeited.
- For cancellations made 90 - 60 days prior to date of arrival, 30% of the required deposit will be forfeited.
- For cancellations made 30-59 days prior to the date of arrival, 50% of the required deposit will be forfeited.
- For cancellations made 29 days and less prior to the date of arrival, 100% of the required deposit will be forfeited.
- For cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the date of arrival all monies paid will be forfeited.
- No cancellation fee will be charged if the cancellation was due to death or hospitalization of the person for whose benefit the reservation was made.